"I work for Reuters. I’m a journalist in the media business.
Back in 2008, I sat in a conference and reviewed some proposals to integrate news sources focused on electronic gaming into our RSS service as niche content providers.
We considered IGN, Gamespot, and a few other syndicated online info feeds.
Now, in order to white label a source as affiliated with Reuters, you need to run through a checklist of ~100 items that are necessary for journalistic integrity. The source and its organization has to score at least a 60 out of 100 for it to be considered fair and unbiased.
These tests are carried out by senior journalists, editors, and investigators.
NONE of the gaming publications scored higher than a 15. For reference, the National Enquirer scored a 38 and the MSNBC blogosphere scored 44.
Some failures included:
- Economic ties with publishers
- Acceptance of favors
- 0% of staff held journalism degree
- Very small percentage worked in other major publications
- No real editing process
- No accountability
tl;dr: Gaming “journalism” is a joke and the laughingstock of reporting media. Continue to read these publications if you want, but assume that everything you read is biased or an outright lie.”
Here’s the timeline:
- Israel blames Hamas for the kidnapping of 3 teenage Israeli settlers in the West Bank
- Israel unleashes a violent operation in the West Bank arresting hundreds and killing a dozen Palestinians, and hits some targets in Gaza, claiming it’s searching for the missing settlers
- Then, Israel finds the settlers bodies, admits it knew the settlers were killed all along and lied about it, and the search-and-rescue operation was a sham, now vows to avenge their murders and incites violence against Palestinians. Still blames Hamas
- Israel continues its assault and expands it into the current genocide in Gaza killing 1600, injuring 8000 and displacing a quarter of the population of Gaza
- Then, Israel admits it knew all along that Hamas wasn’t responsible for the kidnapping-killing of the settlers
- All parties agree to a 72-hour ceasefire.
- Israel accuses Hamas of capturing a soldier during the ceasefire. Hamas denies it.
- Israel breaks the ceasefire and shells entire neighborhoods, killing hundreds of Palestinians more.
- Then, Israel admits that the soldier was not captured
Israel is abhorrent.
For a little background on Mitch McConnell’s strategy, here’s a New York Times article.
FUCKING THANK YOU
i tried to type “is australia even real” and for some reason wrote “is mayonnaise even real” instead
Those words are the last words a father’s to his dead daughters who killed by Bashar al-Assad and his supporter army with chemical weapon attack.
Almost 2000 innocent people died at this attack. Most of all, 0-10 years old children. Most of them, killed while they are sleeping. They couldn’t wake up for a new day.
There’s no words to explain this massacres. You don’t have to be a Syrian or Muslim to support this people. This can be happen to you, one day. We don’t know what’s gonna happen to us. Please, share this with everyone. Please.
[NOTE: My english is pretty bad but I hope you’d get it.]This is heartbreaking, sending my prayers to Syria.
And everyone on here is complaining about the VMAs and how Miley Cyrus twerking is oppression. THIS IS OPPRESSION. If you had to spend a day in Syria, believe me, you would NOT be complaining about such insignificant things. Thoughts are with all who are affected.
Pretty much what I’ve said before now.
An amendment to the OP though; many, many of them weren’t lucky enough to die in their sleep
the whole interview is him trying to defend himself as a scholar because apparently you can’t be a muslim scholar of religion.
This makes me angry
such stupid questions oh my fk.
Hey, “journalist*you meant “raises the question” not “begs the question”, also, leave your hater questions at the door. Are we so close minded that we can’t study outside ourselves? Freaking dammit.
A missing Lancaster Township girl is safe after two teens heroically saved her from an abductor Thursday night, said Manheim Township Police.
"Me and Chris, which is another boy who helped me, we were riding around," on our bikes, said Temar Boggs, 15. “We noticed his car and the car had the little girl in it." That little girl was 5-year-old Jocelyn Rojas, who was playing outside of her home on the 100 block of Jennings Drive around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday when she was snatched from her front yard, police said.
An incredible, heartwarming story in light of current news & events.
Aw, bless them all.
dumb white bitch tries to get a “reaction” from the mother of a teenage daughter who was SHOT at her graduation party
fucking white bitch are you serious
this looks like an onion video i can’t even deal
THIS CANT BE REAL
(Vince McMahon voice) YOU’RE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED
I understand being upset, but you can just say ‘no comment’ and tell them to leave. Like, that woman made a lot of bad decisions that got caught on tape. Not everyone who’s had a traumatic experience wants to be on the news after. It seems shifty to just go to someone’s house with the camera out before getting approval to film them like this.